Call for Papers SCME 2023
SCME23: 7th Symposium on Conceptual Modeling Education
– collocated with the 42nd International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (ER2023)
The 7th Symposium on Conceptual Modeling Education (SCME 2023) is aimed at providing a forum for discussing (1) the education and teaching of aspects related to conceptual modeling, (2) methods and tools for developing and communicating conceptual modeling techniques for transforming conceptual models into effective implementations, and (3) case studies of interesting projects on conceptual modelling education. Also of interest are experiences with the pivot to online and hybrid teaching during the COVID-19 pandemic and what practices of those experience, if any, were kept afterward.
The Symposium invites submissions from the communities of databases, information systems, software engineering, web information systems, business process modeling, enterprise content management systems, engineering, and related areas, such as ontology-based data access. Topics of interest include all those that discuss the teaching and learning of any conceptual modeling topic, as listed in the Call for Papers of ER 2023.
We solicit submission of papers that describe methods of teaching and educating conceptual modeling to both the research and industry communities, including papers with educational impact that solve conceptual modeling problems in research and industry. Papers describing tools for assisting education in conceptual modeling and showing the results achieved are also welcome.
- Submission deadline: July 10, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: September 4, 2023
- Camera-ready Submission: September 21, 2023
Accepted papers will be published in the ER companion proceedings. Submissions must conform to Springer’s LNCS format and should not exceed 10 pages, including all text, figures, references and appendices. Information about the Springer LNCS format can be found at https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines.
The results described must be unpublished and must not be under review elsewhere. Papers should be submitted in PDF format. Three to five keywords characterizing the paper should be indicated at the end of the abstract.
All submissions should be submitted through EasyChair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=er2023. Please select the “ER 2023 Symposium on Conceptual Modeling Education” track.
- Program Co-chairs
- Fernanda Baião; Pontifical Catholic University of Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Maria Keet; University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Estefania Serral; KU Leuven, Belgium
- Program Comittee
- Oscar Pastor, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain
- Petra Leimich, Edinburgh Napier University, UK
- Fabiano Dalpiaz, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- Jordi Cabot, ICREA – UOC (Internet interdisciplinary institute), Spain
- Alberto Abello, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Dominik Bork, TU Wien, Austria
- Marcela Ruiz, Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
- Maria Luiza Campos, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Sonia Berman, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Monique Snoeck, KU Leuven, Belgium